Welcome to another delicious recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Baked Spaghetti.
Comforting baked spaghetti recipe with plenty of melted cheese — the perfect dish for potlucks, family gatherings, or a weeknight dinner.
- prep: 15 mins
- cook: 1 hr 15 mins
- total: 1 hr 30 mins
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 1 9×13-inch casserole
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot skillet until meat is browned and onion is soft and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain excess oil from the pan; stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.
- Whisk eggs, Parmesan, and butter in a large bowl. Add spaghetti and toss to coat.
- Place 1/2 of the spaghetti mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with 1/2 of the cottage cheese, 2 cups mozzarella, and 1/2 of the meat sauce. Repeat layers. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Continue to bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 797: calories
- protein: 44.3g
- carbohydrates: 60.9g
- fat: 40.9g
- cholesterol: 126.1mg
- sodium: 1325.5mg.
Have fun with the recipe and add your own twist to make it more more unique. Make sure to share this Baked Spaghetti recipe with your friends and family, that way they can enjoy it too!