Bang Bang Chicken
Welcome to another yummy recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Bang Bang Chicken.
This is a wonderful Americanized version of an extremely popular Sichuan Chinese dish. With twice-fried chicken, you get the crispy fried breading you’d expect, and the bang bang sauce drizzle just makes the entire dish spectacular. You’ll love this more than any Chinese takeout version. Pay attention to the notes in the directions!!
- prep: 15 mins
- cook: 10 mins
- additional: 15 mins
- total: 40 mins
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 servings
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon shichimi togarashi (Japanese red pepper condiment)
- oil for frying
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- Whisk together milk and egg in a bowl until smooth. Add chicken to egg wash and marinate for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Combine potato starch, flour, salt, pepper, and ground red pepper in a bowl and transfer into a large resealable bag. Add egg-washed chicken pieces and shake until each piece is completely dredged.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Add chicken pieces into the oil in batches, about 5 to 8 pieces at a time, so as not to drop the temperature of the oil. Fry for 90 seconds. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Fry remaining chicken pieces.
- Increase oil temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). The oil should be continuously boiling at this point. Carefully re-add the first batch of chicken and fry another 90 seconds. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Fry and drain the remaining chicken. Transfer chicken to a medium bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, honey, sweet chili sauce, and gochujang together in a small bowl. Toss fried chicken with sauce to coat.
- 404: calories
- protein: 26.7g
- carbohydrates: 27.3g
- fat: 20.8g
- cholesterol: 112.4mg
- sodium: 545.9mg.
This recipe is sure to get the approval of your guests. Make sure to share this Bang Bang Chicken recipe with your friends and family, so they can enjoy it too.