Chili Rellenos Casserole
Get ready for another mouth watering recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Chili Rellenos Casserole.
This chili relleno casserole is very easy to prepare and is loaded with flavor. It’s great for a busy weeknight and good enough for company.
Why We Love It
The Chili Rellenos Casserole is a great choice for your next meal. Prepare using fresh ingredients to achieve maximum flavor. We hope that you enjoy it as much as we did!
- prep: 15 mins
- cook: 45 mins
- total: 1 hr
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 1 9×13-inch casserole
- cooking spray
- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chile peppers, drained
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Longhorn or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk (Optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Evenly layer 1 can chile peppers in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, then cover with remaining chile peppers.
- Mix together eggs, evaporated milk, and flour in a bowl; add 1/2 cup milk to thin to desired consistency. Pour over chiles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Pour tomato sauce evenly over the top; continue baking for 15 more minutes.
- Turn broiler on. Sprinkle top with remaining Jack and Cheddar cheeses. Place under the broiler until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 387: calories
- protein: 23.9g
- carbohydrates: 12g
- fat: 27.6g
- cholesterol: 139.9mg
- sodium: 1449.4mg.
That’s it, we really love this recipe and it’s fun to prepare it for our guests when entertaining. Make sure to share this Chili Rellenos Casserole recipe with your friends and family, so that they can make it at home for their loved ones.