Classic Macaroni Salad
We have a real treat for you today, it’s a really yummy recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Classic Macaroni Salad.
This is a salad that everyone seems to love. I always get lots of compliments on this recipe and it is just a pleasing taste that seems to suit everyone.
Why We Love It
The Classic Macaroni Salad is one of those classics that never disappoint. If you are looking for something that will leave your guests coming back for seconds, then this recipe is for you!
- prep: 20 mins
- cook: 10 mins
- additional: 4 hrs
- total: 4 hrs 30 mins
- Servings: 10
- Yield: 10 servings
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup grated carrot (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (Optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
- 390: calories
- protein: 6.8g
- carbohydrates: 49.3g
- fat: 18.7g
- cholesterol: 8.4mg
- sodium: 528.6mg.
That’s it, we really love this recipe and it’s fun to prepare it for our guests when entertaining. Make sure to share this Classic Macaroni Salad recipe with your friends and family, they will be sure to thank you for it!