Goat Cheese Stuffed Lamb Burgers
Welcome to another fun recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Goat Cheese Stuffed Lamb Burgers.
I love making these flavorful lamb burgers stuffed with creamy, delicious goat cheese. I use basil and oregano in mine, but feel free to use your favorite herbs and spices, this recipe is very forgiving. Using fresh rosemary in the goat cheese filling will give the burgers a real Greek flavor. Serve the burgers on hamburger buns or pita bread with tzatziki sauce, or on their own with a Greek salad.
- prep: 25 mins
- cook: 15 mins
- total: 40 mins
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 burgers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions in the oil until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Gently knead together the softened onions, lamb, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, and pepper. Divide the mixture into 6 parts and roll into balls, then cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix together the goat cheese, extra-virgin olive oil, basil, and oregano until well combined; cover and chill for 5 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Working with one portion of meat at a time, make an indentation in the center of the ball with your thumb. Fill the indentation with a heaping tablespoon of the goat cheese mixture. Gently pull and form the meat patty around the cheese filling, making a burger-shaped patty. Repeat with each ball of the lamb mixture.
- Grill the patties on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the center and well done, about 8 minutes per side.
- 484: calories
- protein: 33.7g
- carbohydrates: 15.8g
- fat: 31g
- cholesterol: 147.1mg
- sodium: 2070.6mg.
Have fun with the recipe and add your own twist to make it more more unique. Make sure to share this Goat Cheese Stuffed Lamb Burgers recipe with your friends and family, so they can enjoy it too.