Are you ready for another delicious recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Homemade Lasagna.
This is my mom’s special homemade lasagna recipe with a meaty, made-from-scratch tomato sauce and a deliciously cheesy filling. A more traditional homemade lasagna filling would be made with ricotta but my mom’s recipe calls for a blend of small-curd cottage cheese and Parmesan. I have found none better anywhere. Serve with a leafy green salad and crusty garlic bread.
- prep: 1 hr 25 mins
- cook: 1 hr 15 mins
- additional: 10 mins
- total: 2 hrs 50 mins
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 1 9×13-inch lasagna
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 pound small-curd cottage cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine pork and ground beef in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, remaining 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Assemble lasagna: Spread a spoon or two of sauce over the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish just to to coat it. Place two layers of noodles over the sauce to cover. Layer with 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1/2 of the remaining sauce, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once more using the remaining noodles, cheese mixture, sauce, and mozzarella. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until cheese is golden brown, 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- 638: calories
- protein: 45.7g
- carbohydrates: 54g
- fat: 27.2g
- cholesterol: 160.8mg
- sodium: 2053mg.
We had a lot of fun with this recipe, and it was a real hit with our guests when we made it. Make sure to share this Homemade Lasagna recipe with your friends and family, so they can enjoy it too.