We have a real treat for you today, it’s a really yummy recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Lentil Tacos.
This vegan version of classic tacos uses lentils instead of ground beef, along with other flavors so good you’ll never miss the meat!
Why We Love It
The Lentil Tacos recipe is a new twist on a classic dish. There is nothing quite like home cooked food, and this one will definitely impress your guests.
- prep: 15 mins
- cook: 15 mins
- total: 30 mins
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups cooked brown or green lentils
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo or hot sauce
- 8 (6 inch) vegan corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 medium lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Combine ancho chile powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, salt, and fennel in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add spice mixture and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium and add cooked lentils, tomato paste, a few splashes of water, and chipotle peppers. Cook, mashing lightly with a fork and adding water if necessary, until lentils are heated through and hold together, about 5 minutes. Season with additional salt if needed and adobo or hot sauce.
- Lightly toast tortillas in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Spread about 1/3 cup filling down center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and cilantro. Serve with guacamole and lime wedges.
- 389: calories
- protein: 16.8g
- carbohydrates: 61.8g
- fat: 11g
- sodium: 463mg.
That’s it, we really love this recipe and it’s fun to prepare it for our guests when entertaining. Make sure to share this Lentil Tacos recipe with your friends and family, they will be sure to appreciate it.