Make-Ahead Moroccan Lamb Stew
It’s time for another scrumptious recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Make-Ahead Moroccan Lamb Stew.
Inspired by the wonderful spices and flavors used in Moroccan cuisine, this wonderful stew is a hearty one-dish meal. We like to double the recipe and freeze one portion for later. You can also save time, by combining all of these Moroccan spices in bulk and having the mixture on hand to use in this stew recipe, as well as others, like lamb burgers, grilled salmon, and meat rubs. We typically serve the stew with warm bread and a salad.
- prep: 30 mins
- cook: 50 mins
- total: 1 hr 20 mins
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can organic beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can organic chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine cinnamon, cumin, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, turmeric, curry powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix in the ground lamb. For most flavorful results, allow mixture to rest, refrigerated, overnight.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion in the butter until soft and just beginning to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix the spiced lamb mixture to the onions. Cook and stir until meat is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the beef broth, chicken broth, and consomme into the pot. Stir in the tomatoes, honey, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, dried apricots and lentils. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer stew for 30 minutes or until the vegetables and lentils are cooked and tender. Season with black pepper to taste.
- 465: calories
- protein: 28.2g
- carbohydrates: 57.3g
- fat: 13.9g
- cholesterol: 55.7mg
- sodium: 1337.4mg.
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for parties with friends. Make sure to share this Make-Ahead Moroccan Lamb Stew recipe with your friends and family, they will be sure to thank you for it!