Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
It’s time for another scrumptious recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup.
This tomato basil soup uses real butter, fresh basil leaves, and heavy cream, which are the secrets to the richness of this soup. Please do not substitute, or you will not have the same high-quality result.
Why We Love It
The Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup is a really popular dish, and for good reason! It’s quite simple but packs enough flavor that it is sure to be a hit.
- prep: 10 mins
- cook: 35 mins
- total: 45 mins
- Servings: 4
- 4 tomatoes – peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 14 leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes and juice in a stockpot over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Cook until tomatoes have softened, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat. Add basil leaves to the pot. Use an immersion blender to purée soup until smooth.
- Stir in heavy cream and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Do not boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 473: calories
- protein: 4.4g
- carbohydrates: 16.8g
- fat: 45.4g
- cholesterol: 142.5mg
- sodium: 216.6mg.
That’s it, we really love this recipe and it’s fun to prepare it for our guests when entertaining. Make sure to share this Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe with your friends and family, so they can enjoy it too.