Roasted Zucchini Casserole
Are you ready for another fun recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Roasted Zucchini Casserole.
Roasted zucchini with onion and layered with marinara sauce and pasta. A meal-in-one with a salad and rolls. Can’t get better than that! A great way to use up your zucchini crop in the summer..
Why We Love It
The Roasted Zucchini Casserole recipe is a new twist on a classic dish. There is nothing quite like home cooked food, and this one will definitely impress your guests.
- prep: 20 mins
- cook: 1 hr 20 mins
- total: 1 hr 40 mins
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 8 servings
- 3 medium zucchinis, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 (28 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Toss zucchinis and onions in a large bowl with olive oil until evenly coated. Spread vegetables into a large baking dish.
- Roast vegetables in the preheated oven until golden, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Heat marinara sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until sauce is hot. Spread hot marinara sauce into the prepared baking dish, followed by penne pasta and zucchini mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese atop vegetables.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow casserole to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- 375: calories
- protein: 12.3g
- carbohydrates: 59.5g
- fat: 10.6g
- cholesterol: 6.4mg
- sodium: 489.7mg.
This recipe is sure to get the approval of your guests. Make sure to share this Roasted Zucchini Casserole recipe with your friends and family, that way they can enjoy it too!