Rosemary Braised Lamb Shanks
Get ready for another fun recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Rosemary Braised Lamb Shanks.
Lamb shank recipe for tender lamb slowly simmered with fresh rosemary, garlic, tomatoes, and red wine. Excellent served with polenta or roasted garlic mashed potatoes, my family’s favorite, to soak up the wonderful sauce. This is a fantastic dish to make for company, as all the prep work is done at the beginning. All you have to do is wait.
- prep: 20 mins
- cook: 3 hrs 5 mins
- total: 3 hrs 25 mins
- Servings: 6
- 6 lamb shanks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle red wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 5 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook shanks until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer shanks to a plate; set aside.
- Add carrots, onions, and garlic to the pot and sauté over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in wine, tomatoes, chicken broth, beef broth, rosemary, and thyme.
- Return shanks to the pot, pressing down to submerge. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and simmer to allow flavors to concentrate, about 20 minutes. Transfer shanks to a platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Continue boiling sauce until thickened, about 15 minutes. Spoon sauce over shanks before serving.
- 481: calories
- protein: 30.3g
- carbohydrates: 17.6g
- fat: 21.8g
- cholesterol: 92.7mg
- sodium: 758.7mg.
We hope that you enjoyed this recipe as much as we did. Make sure to share this Rosemary Braised Lamb Shanks recipe with your friends and family, so they can enjoy it too.