Welcome to another yummy recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Sloppy Joes.
This is my mom’s recipe for Sloppy Joes and it always gets compliments! Made with lean ground beef and common pantry items, these crowd-pleasing Sloppy Joe sandwiches will take you back to your childhood.
- prep: 5 mins
- cook: 35 mins
- total: 40 mins
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 sandwiches
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¾ cup ketchup, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir lean ground beef in the hot skillet until some of the fat starts to render, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper; continue to cook until vegetables have softened and beef is cooked through, 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and garlic powder; season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among hamburger buns.
- 243: calories
- protein: 14.1g
- carbohydrates: 10.9g
- fat: 15.8g
- cholesterol: 56.8mg
- sodium: 397.3mg.
We hope that you enjoyed this recipe as much as we did. Make sure to share this Sloppy Joes recipe with your friends and family, so they can enjoy it too.