Welcome to another exciting recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Squash Casserole.
Tender squash, gooey cheese, and crunchy crackers make this a memorable side dish or a hearty main course.
Why We Love It
The Squash Casserole recipe is one our of favorites. It’s really delicious, and also very easy to prepare.
- prep: 20 mins
- cook: 30 mins
- total: 50 mins
- Servings: 10
- Yield: 1 9×13-inch pan
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup water, or more as needed
- 35 buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
- Mix cracker crumbs and cheese together in a medium bowl. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions.
- Mix eggs and milk together in a small bowl, then add to squash mixture.
- Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- 196: calories
- protein: 6.1g
- carbohydrates: 10.3g
- fat: 14.8g
- cholesterol: 68.8mg
- sodium: 463.5mg.
We had a lot of fun with this recipe, and it was a real hit with our guests when we made it. Make sure to share this Squash Casserole recipe with your friends and family, they will be sure to appreciate it.