Tender Eye of Round Roast
Get ready for another inspiring recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Tender Eye of Round Roast.
Tasty, tender eye of round roast. Expand your culinary arsenal with this hearty, paleo-friendly meal.
- prep: 1 hr
- cook: 1 hr 30 mins
- total: 2 hrs 30 mins
- Servings: 12
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (3 pound) beef eye of round roast
- aluminum foil
- ½ cup dry red wine (merlot or cabernet sauvignon)
- ½ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Mix garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and thyme into a paste; rub all over beef roast. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour. Forty minutes into the hour, preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Place two sheets of aluminum foil large enough to cover the beef roast on a baking sheet. Place beef roast on the foil sheets and transfer everything to the oven. Roast in the preheated oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; fold up the foil so it wraps the roast then return it to the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 170 degrees F (75 degrees C) and roast for one hour. After an hour, check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer: 120-125 degrees F will yield a rare center, 130-140 degrees F will yield a medium-rare center, and 140-150 degrees F will yield a medium center.
- Remove roast and set it on a cutting board to rest. Transfer any drippings from roast into a saucepan; stir in red wine and beef broth and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat until reduced by 1/4. Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in cubes of butter, one at a time, until incorporated into sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Slice the roast into 1/2-inch thick slices and serve with pan sauce poured on top.
- 279: calories
- protein: 22.6g
- carbohydrates: 0.7g
- fat: 19.3g
- cholesterol: 74.2mg
- sodium: 422.7mg.
We hope that you enjoyed this recipe as much as we did. Make sure to share this Tender Eye of Round Roast recipe with your friends and family, so they can enjoy it too.