Zesty Quinoa Salad
Welcome friends, we have a inspiring recipe by Cooker Buzz, today we will be showing you how to make Zesty Quinoa Salad.
This quinoa salad is a great summertime recipe (or anytime you want to feel like it’s summertime). Light and citrusy, it’s a whole new way to enjoy quinoa. Lime juice and cilantro give a refreshing kick, while quinoa and black beans provide tasty vegan protein. If you’re not vegan, add even more protein by adding chunks of chicken or turkey. This salad tastes great right away and even better the next day when all the flavors have had the chance to marry.
Why We Love It
The Zesty Quinoa Salad has a special place in our hearts. We love all of the delicious recipes that we add to Cooker Buzz, but this recipe is special. Make sure to rate this recipe after you try cooking it!
- prep: 20 mins
- cook: 15 mins
- total: 35 mins
- Servings: 6
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions in a large bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.
- 270: calories
- protein: 8.9g
- carbohydrates: 33.8g
- fat: 11.5g
- sodium: 674.5mg.
That’s it, we really love this recipe and it’s fun to prepare it for our guests when entertaining. Make sure to share this Zesty Quinoa Salad recipe with your friends and family, they will be sure to appreciate it.